Social media strategy
What do we want achieve with social media?
- community building and culture/identity
- channel for feedback
- customer service / interaction
- increase traffic to web site
Who is our target audience? Which platforms our customers and leads are using?
Based on these questions, I have selected three different medias; Twitter, Facebook and Medium.com.
- Outreach in Twitter is more like marketing the other channels or linking articles/hackpad/etc.
- Hashtags #API
- Laura is admin, all the others are editors. Rights are basically the same, Laura just is able to change the "roles"
- Relaxed, human touched feeling in posts, not so serious or fact-based updates required every time.
- Posts about twice a week
Ratio between non-promotional and promotional content should be around 80/20.
More information sharing, data, articles, "office life" and less selling and pure marketing.
Mission statement of the profile? Business strategy?
Metrics how to measure success?Tools? Analytics? Tracking?
|Title||Author||Topic||Date||Publish Time||Image||Publishing channels|
|One more sprint finished!||How did sprint 5 go, what we achieved?||26.62015||15.00||Screen shot||Facebook, Twitter|
|Our MVP will be launched in September at Mindtrek Openmind. Stay tuned!|
The following resources may prove useful guides for social media outreach.
- NHS: Ridiculously Easy Guides to Social Media
- Look to post events around the development process.
- Positive atmosphere is key to success in the posts
- Use language that engages the reader.
- Images from everyday office life.
- Shorten the urls using services like bit.ly or goo.gl
- Schedule the posts to be published on the best time for social media. (Graph: )http://bit.ly/1st5LY9)